CLICK HERE for The Top-Rated & Best-Selling Health and Personal Care Products
How a positive attitude can help you overcome procrastination
1. I get discouraged when I think about all the problems I have.
2. I often wonder why my life is not as rewarding as it could be; many people around me seem to be living more satisfying lives than I am.
3. I have trouble focusing on my goals; I'm easily distracted at work.
4. I tend to put off getting started on projects because I'm always thinking about the things that can go wrong.
If you answered "yes" to any of the above statements, make a commitment to start retooling your attitude today. Read motivational books, listen to inspirational recordings, and associate with positive thinkers.
We cause our own feelings; I am the major cause of my own problems. Don't let a negative attitude stand in the way of your happiness in life. Never make an important decision when you're feeling down. What is your best time for making decisions? What is your worst time? What is your best time for working on difficult tasks? Is there a time of day when you tend to procrastinate more? Is there a time of day when you tend to procrastinate less?
Here are some tips for improving your attitude that can help you take the first steps toward overcoming the procrastination monster:
- Focus on the result you want to achieve. The more you focus on problems, the more discouraged you're likely to get. If you're not getting what you want out of life, you probably suffer from a lack of focus. This is why procrastination is such a dangerous demon-it prevents us from focusing on our goals. Procrastinators focus on all the reasons not to move forward, instead of focusing on the goal they want to achieve.
- Give your full attention to whatever you're doing. When you concentrate on the things that can go wrong, you can't stay focused on the job you're doing. Failure is the inevitable consequence of a lack of focus; if I think I'm going to do a bad job, I probably will-or I may never get started at all.
- Don't focus on all the things that can go wrong. Focusing on the hazards involved in trying to do something will almost always convince you to give up before you start.
I'm not advising you to throw caution to the wind. Every task we undertake has things that can go wrong. Simply said, it's enough to know what the dangers are, be prepared to respond to them, and then move ahead with the project-confident in your ability to handle whatever comes up. People who dwell on all the things that can go wrong never get anything done. Productive people have learned to focus on opportunities-concentrate on the benefits of successfully completing a project and you will have won a major battle in the war against procrastination.
Selected ArticlesNo More Excuses - How To Overcome Procrastination Today
How To Beat Procrastination - Face Your Fear And Do It Anyway
Time - Your Most Valuable Asset In The War Against Procrastination
How Conquering Procrastination Can Help You Reduce Stress
Win The War Against Procrastination - The Battle Begins In Your Mind
The Best Cure For Procrastination - Your Vision
Tips For Overcoming Procrastination - Raise Your Expectations
Increasing Your Energy Can Help You Defeat Procrastination
How To Overcome Procrastination - Accept Responsibility
Tips For Students Who Want To Overcome Procrastination
Overcome Procrastination And Start Living A Richer Life Today
There's Only One Way To Defeat Procrastination - Do Something!
How To Overcome Procrastination - Just Do It!
Why You Need An Action Plan To Defeat Procrastination
Enthusiasm - The Best Weapon In The War Against Procrastination
How To Defeat Procrastination And Get The Most Out Of Life
How To Take Charge Of Your Life - No More Procrastination
How To Overcome Procrastination - Set Daily Goals
Tired Of Putting Things Off? - Put An End To Procrastination Today
How To Defeat Procrastination - Believe You Can
How Planning Can Help You Conquer Procrastination
How To Overcome Procrastination - It All Depends On You
How To Beat Procrastination - Stop Gathering Information!
How A Positive Attitude Can Help You Overcome Procrastination