CLICK HERE for The Top-Rated & Best-Selling Health and Personal Care Products
Tired of putting things off? - Put an end to procrastination today
Take this quiz to find out if you need to put an end to procrastination:
- Do you write down your priorities? Do some things seem less urgent when you look at them in the light of your priorities?
- Do you ask yourself which of several tasks is the most important one before you decide what task to tackle next?
- Do you accept full responsibility for missing a deadline, rather than blaming it on forces beyond your control?
- Do you focus on finishing a job on time, rather than looking for excuses to explain why you're going to miss another deadline?
- Do you make sure people know when not to disturb you?
- Do you have a habit of turning off the phone when you need to concentrate completely on a job? Do you focus on the job at hand, rather than fretting over what went wrong in the past?
- When you've done your best, do you know when to wrap up a project?-Do you feel that spending more time on it will only keep you from starting your next job?
If you answered "yes" to all of the above questions, congratulations-you're in John Grisham's league. If you answered "no" to any of the above questions, pick one and make a commitment to do something about it today. Ask yourself if you have really considered all the consequences of procrastination. Do you want to live with them forever? Do you have a legitimate reason for postponing jobs? And after thinking about these questions, ask yourself if you delay tasks for justifiable reasons-or if you just make excuses to procrastinate. Here's what I've learned to do:
- Always remind yourself that you have as much time as people who do great things.
- Make your best estimate of how much time a task will take.
- Write an inspirational phrase on a 3 x 5 card and use it whenever the procrastination monster pops up.
Shakespeare said, "Thoughts are but dreams till their effects be tried." You've taken the first step to defeat procrastination by reading this article; now take the next step and tackle a job you know you should have started a long time ago. I took my next step this morning-I got up earlier than usual to start my novel.
Selected ArticlesTime - Your Most Valuable Asset In The War Against Procrastination
How To Overcome Procrastination - Accept Responsibility
Tired Of Putting Things Off? - Put An End To Procrastination Today
How To Overcome Procrastination - Set Daily Goals
How To Defeat Procrastination - Believe You Can
How Planning Can Help You Conquer Procrastination
How To Defeat Procrastination And Get The Most Out Of Life
How To Overcome Procrastination - Just Do It!
Tips For Students Who Want To Overcome Procrastination
How A Positive Attitude Can Help You Overcome Procrastination
How To Beat Procrastination - Stop Gathering Information!
Win The War Against Procrastination - The Battle Begins In Your Mind
Overcome Procrastination And Start Living A Richer Life Today
How To Beat Procrastination - Face Your Fear And Do It Anyway
Why You Need An Action Plan To Defeat Procrastination
The Best Cure For Procrastination - Your Vision
No More Excuses - How To Overcome Procrastination Today
Increasing Your Energy Can Help You Defeat Procrastination
How To Take Charge Of Your Life - No More Procrastination
How To Overcome Procrastination - It All Depends On You
Enthusiasm - The Best Weapon In The War Against Procrastination
There's Only One Way To Defeat Procrastination - Do Something!
Tips For Overcoming Procrastination - Raise Your Expectations
How Conquering Procrastination Can Help You Reduce Stress